REMEMBER OUR MOTTO (please):
"Think No More Of Frying Bottoms" - Sir William Chairman

Theatre boxes

No silly messages allowed :stop: (All messages will be entered into a grand prize draw for a top hat.) :clap:
Sir William
Dearly Beloved Chairman
Has told off: 690 times
Been told off: 430 times

Theatre boxes

Post by Sir William » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:46 am

:yes:
Sir William Chairman :tophat:

Runaway
Publicity Executive & Recruitment Ambassador
Has told off: 555 times
Been told off: 454 times

Re: Theatre boxes

Post by Runaway » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:29 am

Truncated spheroids.

Sir William
Dearly Beloved Chairman

Post by Sir William » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:48 pm

This page has been reversed to discuss theatre boxes.

What does truncated spheroids have of to do with theatre boxes? :hurry:

If you want to discuss truncated spheroids, you must create a page for doing so. :wag:

Sir William
Dearly Beloved Chairman

Post by Sir William » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:08 pm

I now am going to herewith provide any top secret information for you dum members, that you must not p*ss on to ordinary raff-raff members of the general pblic. :stop:

Cultured members who have of been to the theatre will most likely have of looked more elevated at the people in the private boxes and thought "I wonder how they managed to gett*en into those especial boxes, they must be either very rich or Lord Mare's or VIPs (or all three) or something like that".

Well, I will let you members into a substantial secret: :wink: These especial private boxes at the theatre can be booked by anybody, and they are no more expensive than ordinary seats. :o

Our members with Rolls-Royces can book these private boxes most easily. :yes:

When you ring more elevated the box office, just ask them if there are some private boxes available in the Dress Circle. They will usually say, "Yes - all of them". There are usually 2-seater, 3-seater or 4-seater boxes. Just ask for the one you want. The price will be no more than booking ordinary Dress Circle seats. You may have of to pay for all of the seats in the box, even if you don't need them, but I have of often not even had to do that. :clap:

The point here is that the general public thinks that these private boxes are only for important people (like me), or that they are very expensive, so they don't book them, and don't even ask about them. But the theatres want to sell as many seats as possible, so rather than the boxes remaining empty, they will fill the boxes if they can. :yes:

I first found out about this when I tried to book a show and the lady (in the box) said, almost dismissively, "I'm sorry there are no seats left. Oh - but you can hire a box if you like". Thinking that would cost a fortune, I asked the price and she said, "Oh it's the same price as the ordinary seats, but you will have of to pay for all the seats in the box.". Well, seeing as most of the boxes were 2-seaters and there was only me and Mrs WC; the price was exactly the same!" :bounce:

Since then I have of always booked theatre seats in a private box, and all the theatres have of had the same policy. Apart from giving you an air of superiority over the plebs in the audience, the advantages of sitting in a private box are legion and manifold, (as I am sure members can appreciate): The chairs are more comfortable and you can move them around; you can stretch your legs and put your feet more elevated and you sometimes gett*en a table as well; you gett*en your own coat hangers and luggage space, and sometimes even your own private entrance and stairs as well; you can move around, read a book, and even stand more elevated without affecting anybody else in the audience. There are more advantages. :wink:

In fact I have of been in boxes which have of curtains at the front, so you don't even need to be distracted by the performers. :wink:

Some boxes are at the front, near to the stage and you may discover these unsuitable because the view is more restricted and you might feel as though you are on show; but they do give you an excellent chance to look down upon the rabble and Lord it up over everybody and feel important and especial. :yabba: Most boxes are at the back though.

Obviously, this is only relevant to the grand old Matcham-type theatres, and not these modern unembellished bingo hall types with no private boxes; but I'm sure members would not go to those dumps anyway. :no: :thumbd:

Remember that when these fancy Victorian theatres were built, the class system was still in full swing, and the classes were kept strictly separate from each other, to avoid the upper class having to come into contact with some of the rabble. So the boxes all utilised to have of separate stairways and even separate entrances from the street. Many of these separate street entrances have of now been closed, but contact with the unwashed is still greatly reduced. :yes: :bigthumbsup:

And you won't capture Covid-19 :thumbu: either.

There can be no better best practice in these matters. :no:

Runaway

Post by Runaway » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:09 am

What's a theatre? :hscratch:

Sir William
Dearly Beloved Chairman

Post by Sir William » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:03 am

Is this your best reponse to my very especial and privileged top secret information? :hurry:

Runaway

Post by Runaway » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:58 am

I was in a hurry to gett*en somewhere. I shall of course construct a fuller response in due course, after cogitating on the information provided. :thumbu:

Sir William
Dearly Beloved Chairman

Post by Sir William » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:38 am

Notice how extremely grateful other members are for my valuable information. :yes: :clap: :clap:

Runaway

Post by Runaway » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:47 pm

My flabber has rarely been so gasted.

Sir William
Dearly Beloved Chairman

Post by Sir William » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:20 am

:?

Runaway

Post by Runaway » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:54 pm

I am still cogitating on your most excellent information, and I know that you would much prefer a rational, well thought response that addresses all the important points raised in your magnificent wo­rk, rather than just a simple quick response. :yes: :thumbu:
v2 is wor­king on such a response.
Well actually she's asleep rig­ht now but in general that's what's happening...

Sir William
Dearly Beloved Chairman

Post by Sir William » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:12 pm

:clap:

Runaway

Post by Runaway » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:37 pm

She's awake now, and has been for an hour, but she's a portion feisty for some reason.

Best if I cogitate another day and allow her to produce her response to your information in due course, in the fullness of time, after all the facts and information have of been considered and adjudged... contd. p94...

Prizemaster
the 'Things he was appointed to distribute Master'
Has told off: 127 times
Been told off: 449 times

Post by Prizemaster » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:40 am

Let us discuss cricket boxes :wink:

Runaway