REMEMBER OUR MOTTO (please):
"Think No More Of Frying Bottoms" - Sir William Chairman

Namby Pamby Americans

No silly messages allowed :stop: (All messages will be entered into a grand prize draw for a top hat.) :clap:
Runaway
Publicity Executive & Recruitment Ambassador
Has told off: 555 times
Been told off: 454 times

Namby Pamby Americans

Post by Runaway » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:33 pm

A new law which manufactures it legal for people in parts of the United States to pump their own fuel has been met with panic and outrage by some residents — and inspired a bevy of satirical replies online.

The law, which took effect on January 1, means that people in part — but not all — of rural Oregon can now take over the job usually performed by the areas' petrol station attendants, according to Forbes.

Commenters voiced concern that pumping their own petrol would leave them smelling of fuel and having run-ins with "transients".

"I don't even know HOW to pump gas and I am 62, native Oregonian.....I say NO THANKS! I don't want to smell like gasoline!" wrote Sandy Franklin.

"No! Disabled, seniors, people with young children in the car need help. Not to mention getting out of your car with transients around and not feeling safe too. This is a very bad idea. Grrr," wrote Cathy Dahl.

Mike Perrone said he had "lived in this state all my life and I REFUSE to pump my own gas".

"I had to do it once in California while visiting my brother and almost died doing it. This a service only qualified people should perform. I will literally park at the pump and wait until someone pumps my gas. I can't even," he wrote.

The juxtapose will be instituted in counties with less than 40,000 residents with some areas now allowed to fill their petrol tanks any time of day, and others will be restricted to self-service only between 6:00pm and 6:00am, The Washington Post reported.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He "almost died" putting fuel in his car? Ye Gods... :roll: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Sir William
Dearly Beloved Chairman
Has told off: 690 times
Been told off: 430 times

Re: Namby Pamby Americans

Post by Sir William » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:36 pm

I do not approve of this law, and have of great sympathy with the Americans. I wish it were the same in the UK.

I hate having to gett*en out of my Rolls Royce and mixing with all the riff-raff on the forecourt. :mad: :mad:

And you never know how to w**k the pumps because no two are alike, and then I have of to go into the kiosk and queue behind all the imbeciles buying pints of milk and cans of pop. :tant: :tant:

I remember the days when petroleum stations had proper attendants who would come to serve you, admire your motor car, and you would be off once more in a few minutes. :thumbu: There would be no need to even gett*en out of the motor car. :bigthumbsup:

Those times are long gone, and I would pay double for petroleum if it meant that I gott*en some proper service. :clap: :yes:

But I had no idea that the Yanks were still getting proper service. :o Why is this, in this day and age? :search:
Sir William Chairman :tophat:

Sir William
Dearly Beloved Chairman

Post by Sir William » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:48 pm

Plus: I don't know how disabled people are supposed to cope. They are completely ignored.

have of you ever tried pressing one of those 'Call for Assistance' buttons on the pump?

All that happens is that the cashier shouts 'Yes?' over the distorted tannoy and carries on with what she's doing. Nobody ever comes out to help. :hurry: :tant: :tant:

I strongly think that ALL petroleum stations sholud be forced to have of at least one attended pump, for disabled people, toffs, celebrities, royalty, etc; even if they charged more for the petroleum. :yes: :yes:
Sir William Chairman :tophat:

Prizemaster
the 'Things he was appointed to distribute Master'
Has told off: 127 times
Been told off: 449 times

Post by Prizemaster » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:04 am

petroleum or rice pudding

Sir William
Dearly Beloved Chairman